Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chicken Rice


The rice is infused with aroma of fried ginger and garlic. Also, the pandan leaves add fragrance to the rice flavor. It's best served with steamed chicken or fried chicken. Enjoy~

Chicken Rice
Serves 5

Ingredients:
2.5 cups of long grain rice
650ml of water (this amount is based on what type of rice you use, adjust accordingly)
2tbsp of cooking oil
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
2 shallots, peeled and chopped
30gm of ginger, skinned and cut into thin strips
1 tsp of salt
3 pandan leaves, tie into knot

Steps:
1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté ginger and shallots till fragrant. Add garlic. Sauté till golden yellow.
2. Add rice to stir-fry for 3 minutes. Off the fire.
3. Transfer the rice to rice cooker pot. Add salt, water and pandan leaves.
4. Cook under "white rice" program using micro-computer rice cooker.
5. When the cooking is done, leave it in "keep warm" mode for 10 minutes or more.
6. Serve hot with steamed chicken or fried chicken.

23 comments:

Umm Mymoonah said...

A different recipe to our usual pulav, looks really yumm, nice pictures. Bookmarking your recipe.

Anonymous said...

Yum! This looks tasty. As a Filipino, I usually take it one step further and fry the rice as well. Great post!

My Little Space said...

This is simpluy irresistible. Just imagine the aroma coming out from the rice cooker.
Kristy

KrithisKitchen said...

Wow.. looks super good..

http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com
Event: Healing Foods - Banana

lena said...

i guess many of us love these chicken rice..they are aromatic, i prefer steamed chicken to fried ones and also the dipping soya sauce..mmm..yummy!

ann low said...

I just had chicken rice for lunch today. Don't mind to have another round ;D

tigerfish said...

I like chicken rice's rice...so I can cook this anytime even without chicken as the side! Yay!

Priya Suresh said...

Flavourful and different rice, yumm!

Maris(In Good Taste) said...

Ginger and garlic in that rice must be amazing! Looks and sounds so delicious!

daphne said...

Yum! i love the addition of ginger, garlic and pandan leaves. I miss pandan leaves-fresh for sure! we can only get frozen one!! My grandma sometimes also put a cube of chicken stock in the rice which works good too!

New Kid on the Blog said...

yummy yummy... :)

Unknown said...

I love the smell of chicken rice filling my house when cooking it. I always have to cook extra rice when it is chicken rice.

TasteHongKong said...

Serving such fragrant rice with steamed chicken is most welcomed; I'd be equally happy with a dish of veggie or fish : ).

Janine said...

I always cheat by using the chicken rice paste to make the rice but your recipe looks really doable! After a few weeks abroad, I'm really starting to crave good chicken rice!

Blackswan said...

Hey, I prefer the Fried Chicken :) It looks really yummy!

Oh, I've just posted an article on Amazing Kitchen Tips (Part I). Thought I share it with u :)

Quay Po Cooks said...

I will always choose steamed chicken over fried. I can eat chicken rice with chilli sauce and be very satisfied.

Joanne said...

the seasoning that you added to this rice sounds awesome!

Mai said...

YUM! this looks so amazing.

The Garlic Press said...

Yum, my mouth is watering just thinking about this rice!

branny said...

Beautiful photo. I've never heard of pandan! Is it similar to any (more conventional) herb?

Cooking Gallery said...

Looking at this recipe makes me hungry...! I love chicken rice and your photography makes the dish looks even better!

Torviewtoronto said...

looks good
regards
Akheela

Jun said...

Would love to try this recipe the coming weekend. We have never been able to steam fragrant rice using rice cooker. We use the old-time steamer instead. Beautiful pictures, and I love all your recipes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails