The rice is infused with aroma of fried ginger and garlic. Also, the pandan leaves add fragrance to the rice flavor. It's best served with steamed chicken or fried chicken. Enjoy~
2.5 cups of long grain rice
650ml of water (this amount is based on what type of rice you use, adjust accordingly)
2tbsp of cooking oil
5 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
2 shallots, peeled and chopped
30gm of ginger, skinned and cut into thin strips
1 tsp of salt
3 pandan leaves, tie into knot
1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté ginger and shallots till fragrant. Add garlic. Sauté till golden yellow.2. Add rice to stir-fry for 3 minutes. Off the fire.
3. Transfer the rice to rice cooker pot. Add salt, water and pandan leaves.
4. Cook under "white rice" program using micro-computer rice cooker.
5. When the cooking is done, leave it in "keep warm" mode for 10 minutes or more.
6. Serve hot with steamed chicken or fried chicken.