Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Meat Floss Noodle 肉松干面


This noodle inspired me when I watched a Taiwan cooking show that introduce meat floss in one of their series. I Immediately jotted down the cooking steps. Their version is using fresh Taiwan noodles, but it's hard to find it here, so I replaced it with dried organic noodles instead.

I'm sharing the noodle with Ruth's Presto Pasta Nights #217. The host of the week is From Kirsten's Kitchen to Yours. Stay tuned for the round up of the week.

Meat Floss Noodle 肉松干面
Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 pieces of dried ramen
meat floss
green veggies
2 eggs
salt
water

Seasonings:
light soy sauce
sesame oil
sha cha sauce (optional)

Steps:
1. Bring 1 liter water to boil in a pot. Off the flame and add 300ml of cold water. Add egg and leave for 6-8 minutes (depends on the size of egg) with lid cover.
2. In another pot of boiling water, add salt and cook the noodle .
3. In 2 serving bowls, add sesame oil, light soy sauce, sha cha sauce (optional) and pour half ladle of salty boiling water over the sauce in each bowl. Mix well.
4. Mix up the noodle with meat floss and the sauce.
5. In the boiling water that cook noodle just now, blanch some green veggies.
6. Top the noodle with green veggies and meat floss.
7. Take out the egg. Crack in a bowl and pour on top of the noodle. Serve hot.

11 comments:

ann low said...

Mmm...this sounds very easy to make and delicious too! Nice clicks as usual :)

Priya Suresh said...

Woww thats an inviting and delicious noodles..yumm!

tigerfish said...

Guaranteed delicious, with the 肉松! Plus that runny-yolk egg. Wow! Making me hungry!

daphne said...

what a quick and lovely idea. I'm going to give this a go for sure.. good friday night dinner!

Joanne said...

I don't know if I've ever even seen meat floss before! Great pasta dish!

My Little Space said...

I still have a packet of meatfloss in my fridge. Not sure what to do with it. You've just tempted me. Thanks alot. Hope you're having a lovely day.
kristy

Seoul Walker said...

I have following ur blog since year 2008. Nice blog, keep on good works. Welcome to my blog also^^

pigpigscorner said...

Never thought of adding meat floss to noodles, sounds great!

kitchen flavours said...

Looks delicious! A big bowl of this yummy noodles, please!

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Oh Meat floss can add-on noodles

Keep up the nice blog

mycookinghut said...

Yummmmmm.. I can tell this is going to be my favourite! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails