Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Strawberry Bread


This recipe was shared by a colleague. His wife invested a branded bread maker that is more high-tech than mine. He passed to me a hand written recipe booklet for my experiment. My first choice goes to Strawberry Bread. No specific reason, just the ingredients were easy to get. Since I just bought a non-stick chiffon cake pan, so I just use it to to mould the buns. 

The buns were soft and with mild fragrant of strawberry. You can replace strawberry flavored milk with chocolate milk in order to get chocolate buns. I'll give that a try too.

I'm submitting the strawberry buns to Aspiring Bakers #8: Bread Seduction (June 2011), hosted by Jasmine of The Sweetylicious

Strawberry Bread

Ingredients:
200ml fresh milk (strawberry flavored)
330gm of bread flour
1.5 tsp of yeast
25gm butter
40gm of fine sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
some beaten egg.

Steps:
1. Put all the ingredients into bread maker follow the sequence of liquid, semi liquid, and dry ingredients.
2. Select "dough" program.
3. When the dough is ready, divide it into 7 or 8 portions. Mould into balls and put on a greased pan.
4. Let the dough prove for another 40 minutes.
5. Egg-brush the top.
6. Bake at 180 deg C for 12-15 minutes

14 comments:

Three-Cookies said...

Interesting to use flavoured milk. I haven't seen this being done before

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of strawberry bread.

My Little Space said...

Hmm..mm.. what a tempting sweet bread. Love the flavour. Thanks for sharing. Hope you're enjoying your evening.
Krsity

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

must be very good aroma ! look so good.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking bread! The last time I made a strawberry "bread" it turned out more muffin like. I'll definitely be trying yours!

daphne said...

ooo.. that's a good tip to use flavoured milk. that made me curious on how it would taste like as well! It looks sooo light and fluffy... imagine smelling that for breakfast..

kitchen flavours said...

Your bread looks so soft and nice. I have not tried making strawberry bread before. Thank you for sharing!

TasteHongKong said...

I bet this is a wise choice : ).

Priya Suresh said...

Bread looks marvellous and prefect..

Elin said...

Great idea to use flavored milk. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Strawberry bread would be great for I love anything strawberry. Have a nice day :)

Regards,
Elin

Blackswan said...

Strawberry Bread?? The name is enough to make me go crazy!

The Sweetylicious said...

the read look so delicious and flavourful! (: would like to extend my warmest welcome to invite you to join in the fun of our event, aspiring bakers (:

http://thesweetylicious.blogspot.com/2011/06/aspiring-bakers-8-bread-seduction.htm

Joanne said...

This bread is so much fun! I love that it's strawberry flavored!

tigerfish said...

That calls to show - it is the baker, not the tool/equipment. See? You did wonders even when you said your bread maker was not that high-tech. See? Give me the highest-tech bread-maker and I will still look at it, blankly....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails