Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Seafood Pasta

Clam digging is one of the favorite activity for Penangite's childhood. Embarrassingly, hubby and I had not experience it before. Last Sunday, my lady boss invited us to join her family for a beach outing in my neighborhood. Thanks to her, I got my first chance to experience clam digging. While we were busy digging, the kids were enjoying themselves collecting tons of sea shells. As a first timer, I managed to harvest 2 handful of medium size clams.

We brought home the clams and soaked in fresh water overnight. This helps to clean the sand that were stored inside the clams. I was thinking what should I do with that little amount of clams. The quantity is too little to cook a dish for two. Suddenly, an idea came across my mind. Yes, seafood pasta! A simple recipe bursting with the vibrancy of seafood and tangy pasta sauce. Though the clam is tiny in size compared to mussels, but it has a distinct flavor on its own. It gets along well with other ingredients and the result is a delicious pasta dish.

My seafood pasta is submitted to Ruth's Presto Pasta Night. The host of the week is Girlichef.

Seafood Pasta
Serves 2

Ingredients:

Spaghetti, amount for 2
10 medium-sized prawns, peeled and deveined
2 handful of clams
4 pcs of frozen fish cocktail
1 can of tomato pasta sauce
4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
50ml water
3 tbsp olive oil

Method:

1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti exactly according to the packet instruction. Drain and set aside.

2. Oven-baked the fish cocktail as per the packaging instruction. Cook and set aside.

3. Heat some olive oil in a sauce pan. Saute the garlic till fragrant. Add the clams and prawns to stir-fry for 1 minute.

4. Pour in the pasta sauce and water. Cook and stirring for 2 minutes.

5. Toss with spaghetti and serve with baked fish cocktails.

19 comments:

Ming Na said...

It is not easy to find a restaurant serving pasta with clams.. I just love clams

New Kid on the Blog said...

no after effect???

Little Inbox said...

Ming Na, thanks for dropping by.
Unfortunately the clams that I got were not meaty. Haha...

New kid, LX3 tends to over saturate when shooting in "Vibrant" mode so we have to tone down a bit of saturation.

Anonymous said...

wow, creative! normally we dont put clams in seafood spaghetti....slurps slurps

Heather S-G said...

Oh, this sounds absolutely delicious!! Thanks for sending it my way for PPN this week :)

Selba said...

I like how you prepared the seafood pasta.... looks so delicious!

Dora said...

Luckily i had my dinner liao. I love pasta and this one definitely makes me salivating!

Little Inbox said...

SimpleGirl, I just don't want to waste the clams, hehe...

girlichef, no problem at all. Let's see how the round up.

Selba, thank you. :P

Dora, haha...Luckily you took an early dinner hor?

ann low said...

Looks so delicious and nice presentation!

~Christine~Leng said...

very pretty :)
We tried cooking this during our stay at overseas. This recipe looks different. Will try this one day! ^^

Joanne said...

I have never been clam digging but it sounds like fun! What a good recipe.

cariso said...

I love clam digging too! There is once I managed to get 1 and 1/2 pails. I used one whole wok of clams to cook soup, super 'tee'! :)

Little Inbox said...

Anncoo, thanks. :)

Christine, hope you'll like it.

Joanne, clam digging is really fun. :)

Cariso, wah you so "geng", 1 & a half pail sure sweet la.

Food For Tots said...

Oh yeah, clam digging is indeed my childhood's favourite activity. Why I see clam recipe appearing in many blogs now? Is it the right season to eat clams? Your pasta dish looks absolutely stunning!

choi yen said...

Never know Penang beaches can dig clam one.... =.=''

Little Inbox said...

Food For Tots, not sure if now is the season, but every time when my boss go there, sure she manages to get some clams home.

mimid3vils, you'll not able to see people digging clams, cuz the beach is hidden.

The Food Hunter said...

I love seafood pasta. Yours looks great.

My Taste Heaven said...

great pasta...really makes me salivate =]

Little Inbox said...

The Food Hunter and My Taste Heaven, thanks you!
Thanks for dropping by too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails