Steamed Egg Cake
Yields for 9 pieces
4 grade A eggs
170gm all purpose flour, sifted
130gm Castor sugar
3 drops of orange essence (optional)
2. Beat the eggs and Castor sugar under high speed until fluffy. Add the orange essence and continue whisking for a while.
Hint: I whisked the eggs with highest speed for about 12 minutes. At this stage, you can observed the egg is increased in volume, and the color turned light.
3. Add the sifted flour and fold them in with spatula.
Hint: Fold the flour very gently.
4. Pour in the 7-Up and mix well with spatula.
5. Using spatula, transfer the batter into line steaming tray until 90% full.
Hint: Give the tray a few good shake to remove the air trapped in the batter.
6. Steam over rapid boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes.
Hint: When it's done, remove the cover carefully to prevent water from dripping to the cake surface.