Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Basic Fried Rice


Fried rice is a good choice when it comes to lunch box. And, there's no worries on the ingredients, as I can use little bit of this and that. The outcome can be still be seductive. Like always, I like to add egg and prawns to my fried rice. I had some fresh leftover leek in the fridge, so I added in  little bit of that too. Just seasoned it with light soy sauce, and I'm done with my bento of the day.

Basic Fried Rice
Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 bowl of cooled rice
8 small prawns, shelled, vein removed and cut into pieces
1 egg
1 chicken sausage, diagonally sliced
Leek, sliced (just the green portion)
Cooking oil
Light soy sauce to taste

Steps:
1. Heat up the wok with some oil, scramble the eggs and set aside the wok.
2. With the balance oil, saute garlic till fragrant. Add prawn and sausage to stir-fry till fragrant.
3. Add rice and stir-fry with all the ingredients including the scrambled egg. Add light soy sauce to taste. Continue to fry for few minutes until the rice is evenly coated with seasoning. Off the fire. Add leeks to mix well. Dish out.

22 comments:

WendyinKK said...

My hubby is the type of person that can eat fried rice daily.
:)

Anonymous said...

I love simple fried rice with anchovies, prawns and abit of chilli. Ultimate comfort food.

Anonymous said...

and the key for good fried rice is rice must be overnight right?

Priya Suresh said...

Feel like grabbing that whole bowl rice now,yummm!

Jeannie said...

Ya I too like to fry leftover rice for my boy to bring to school, he loves it very much:)

daphne said...

the most versatile dish of all! I like the idea of using leek in it too.

ann low said...

I love fried rice too! Your fried rice looks very delicious.

Cooking Gallery said...

Fried rice is always a favourite of mine...! Beautiful picture as always :).

Stella said...

Yum, fried brown rice is a staple around here, Little Inbox. Yours looks great by the way. Very simple and delicious!

Blackswan said...

Fried Rice is also one of my favourites. Sometimes, I like to add chillies to give it a kick. Hahaha!

tigerfish said...

That is good delicious fried rice.

Min {Honest Vanilla} said...

I was firstly attracted to your cute wooden spoon and fork and then the fried rice, hehe... I second fried rice as comfort food! Yours look gorgeous for something so simple :)

Oriyarasoi said...

Very delicious fried rice.....i love to having it for lunch everyday!!! And i keep looking for recipes.....
Lovely blog u have.......Happily following you!!

Indian Khana said...

Yum n easy ....nice pic

Noob Cook said...

did u cook in morning and photograph b4 going to work? looks really good!

Sofie said...

looks easy to do and yummy

Farah said...

copying your recipe. i bet it taste good

sherina said...

hi! i was wondering if you could help me please??

i live in penang too! but i dont know where to buy kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and firm tofu-i live near gurney plaza and i cant find these ingredients in the cold storage.

thank you! love your blog!

Little Inbox said...

Sherina, all these ingredients can be found in most of the wet market. Firm tofu, you can get from Tesco too.

mycookinghut said...

This is what I call comfort food! I love it ;)

Afvallen said...

Hmm looks good and simple, think I will make it for dinner tonight! Thanks!

snel afvallen said...

great post. Thanks for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails