Monday, March 28, 2011

Banana Muffin - The Creaming Method


It's been a long time since my last baking. I got ripe bananas that I couldn't finish up, so I used it to bake some banana muffins. My earlier banana muffin baking was using muffin method. This time, I decided to try the creaming method. Overall, the result is pretty impressive. This is my own recipe that is modified from the banana cake.

Banana Muffin
Yields for 10 muffins

Ingredients:
3 eggs
200gm plain flour
2tsp of baking powder
120gm fine sugar
120gm salted butter
220gm of bananas, mashed
1tsp vanilla essence
3tbsp evaporated milk

Steps:
1. Preheat oven at 180C.
2. Get ready the paper cups.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg one at a time, and continue to beat until well combine. Add vanilla essence and milk to mix well.
5. Sieve in flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Fold it in the wet ingredients until just well combine.
6. Fold the mashed banana into the batter.
7. Transfer the batter into the paper cups.
8. Bake the cake under 180C for 40 minutes or until brown.

25 comments:

Belly Good Cooking said...

Yummy banana muffins. Will bake it for my family too. :))

busygran said...

Can never resist banana cake or cupcakes. Love your cupcakes!

My Little Space said...

Hmm..mm...I bet it smells terrific and looks so moist too. I wanna a bite!
Kristy

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great, I love banana cake too.

Priya Suresh said...

Super spongy muffins looks absolutely divine..

Maris (In Good Taste) said...

I love banana muffins and your look so perfect!

Victor said...

Whenever I have banana leftovers, I always make banana cake. To make it moist, I always put low-fat yoghurt at the end of the mixture about (2/3 cup) for 12 muffins. You should give it a try :)

tigerfish said...

I don't know what is the muffin method and creaming method! :O

Noob Cook said...

your muffins looking very good and moist!

TasteHongKong said...

I have not baked for quite a while too, but have been thinking to make a banana cake. Your muffins are enticing me : ).

Jeannie said...

Looks good, always a good way to clear over riped bananas huh!

Blackswan said...

Send me some pleeeeese! Well done :)

Min {Honest Vanilla} said...

Very adorable! I can't resist banana muffins either ;) The soft and moist texture just lures me in and yours definitely looks like it achieved that!

Mary Bergfeld said...

These look perfect to me. I love banana muffins and will have to try your version. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings... Mary

daphne said...

YUM!that looks soo good. I miss the smell of banana muffins for sure. I rarely use butter in muffins but I know it certainly makes it taste cream-ier than yogurt base.

lena said...

looks really good and nice shots!

pigpigscorner said...

Love bananas in baked goods! So yumm!

Zoe said...

They look delicious. I prefer creaming for making cakes too but melt and mix method is so convenient.

Yummy Bakes said...

Nice banana cake.

Joanne said...

This is the best excuse I can think of to eat cake for breakfast! Yum.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful banana muffin.

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious looking muffins with banana yummy

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

Love banana muffins! These look great!

Great blog; happy I found you!

Mary xo
Delightful Bitefuls

Rachel said...

This looks amazingly moist and delicious! Yuuum!

Cakebrain said...

Oh yah! That looks moist! I have to try this one! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails