Thursday, July 29, 2010

Banana Cake


This is an impromptu baking just to consume the leftover ripe bananas. I was hesitating whether or not to decorate the cake a  little bit so that it could look prettier. So, I sacrifice one banana for the toppings. Well,  the whole banana cake doesn’t really look outstanding... however, the individual slices of banana cake looks lovely. The cake tastes good too with my own measurement of ingredients. Everything is just nice, the taste, the texture and the look. It was my first attempt of baking a banana cake. Overall, I’m quite satisfied with this fruitful baking session.


Hmm...yummy! This is my breakfast for the next day. I gave some to my parents and hubby gobbled up the rest.


Banana Cake
Yields for a 8" diameter cake

Ingredients:
3 eggs
200gm self raising flour
1tsp of baking powder
120gm fine sugar
120gm salted butter
200gm of bananas, mashed
1tsp vanilla essence

Steps:
1. Preheat oven at 180C.

2. Line the 8" diameter cake tin base with baking paper.

3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

4. Add egg one at a time, and continue to beat until well combine. Add vanilla essence to mix well.

3. Sieve in flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Fold it in the wet ingredients.

4. Fold the mashed banana into the batter.

5. Transfer the batter into the baking tray. Decorate the top with sliced banana (optional).

6. Bake the cake under 180C for 40 minutes or until cooked.

7. When it's done, leave it cool before cutting.

16 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Once I have recovered from flu, i want to make a banana cake too, so long didn't make. Your loook so delicious.

ann low said...

This is lovely! I also have some leftover bananas in my fridge. Your post comes at the right time ;)

-j- said...

oh can ask my sis to try. she's better at baking compared to me

WendyinKK said...

The individual pieces so look good!!

My bananas always sink down.. maybe my batter is too runny :)

tigerfish said...

Are you sure it is not outstanding? I thought they look awesome! Ok, maybe next time you can top some sliced grapes on the banana cake :P

Padhu Sankar said...

Cake looks fantastic!! Do drop by padhuskitchen when u find time

Carolyn Jung said...

So pretty with the banana slices artfully arranged on the top. And a nice alternative to the usual banana bread in a loaf pan.

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a perfect looking cake. You have made it irresistibly appealing. I always have odd bananas to deal with. This is a perfect recipe in which to use them. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

wow.... nice cake. So far I have not find the perfect banana cake recipe yet. Will try out yours. You make my hand itchy to baking again. lol

Joanne said...

My roommate and I always have overripe bananas hanging out in our freezer! I am definitely going to have to use some to make this!

Little Inbox said...

Sonia, ok, will wait for your banana cake post then. I hope you feel better now.

Anncoo, hehe...feel free to give it a try.

Duckie, I see. This is simple recipe that easy to follow. I hope you and your sister will like it.

Little Inbox said...

wendyywy, luckily the banana slices didn't sink. I just simply hentam, hehe...

tigerfish, oh thank you so much! Grapes? Can I?

Padhu, thanks for dropping by. I will. :)

Little Inbox said...

Carolyn, hi welcome! I don't have a loaf pan, so I just utilize the round cake tin I have. :)

Mary, thanks. You too, have a nice day!

FoOd PaRaDiSe, itchy now? Come, join me! :)

Joanne, oh what a waste! Yes, it's a good idea to turn it into yummy banana cake. :)

Noob Cook said...

really pretty with the banana piece decoration. I wish I can bake like that hehe

Little Inbox said...

Noobcook, I'm sure you can. This is pretty simple.

Anonymous said...

great pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails