Friday, July 2, 2010

Tri-Colors Stir-Fry (Chayote, Carrot and Shiitake)


Stir-fried vegetables is never absent from the dining table if we had oriental rice meal at home. I like simple vegetable dish with just garlic and vegetables. I love the original taste of fresh veggies. Tri-colors stir-fry is a new dish that I serve after the mix and match experiment. Surprisingly, each of them contribute a delectable flavor to the dish. Ended up, we pretty enjoyed this simple dish. It has the sweet taste and is packed with nutrients.

Tri-Colors Stir-Fry (Chayote, Carrot and Shiitake)

Ingredients:

1 small Chayote, peeled and cut into match-stick
1 small carrot, peeled and cut into match-stick
5 Shiitake, cleaned, stalk removed and sliced thinly
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp of cooking oil
150ml water

Seasonings:

Light soy sauce/ salt to taste

Steps:

1. Heat up the oil in a wok. Saute garlic till fragrant. Add carrot and stir-fry for 1 minute.

2. Add chayote. Stir-fry for 1 minute and pour in water. Leave it simmering for 2 minutes and stir in the Shiitake. Stir-fry until the water reducing. Add light say sauce or salt to taste. Dish out.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this, simply yet delicious veg mix

Rita said...

This looks great and healthy. i could love on that kind of dish.
Rita

Elin Chia said...

Whoa...all my favourite in one dish...yummyumm i love enokitake...I can eat this everyday :) colorful dish and healthy too ! Thanks for sharing :)

Pam said...

Stir-fries are the best and this looks delicious! Love the combo of ingredients!

WendyinKK said...

Yummy.
I think wood ear fungus will make a better colour contrast compared to mushrooms, but mushrooms taste so much better :)

daphne said...

Yum! And the crunch factor from these veges as well!

Priya Suresh said...

Colourful stir fry, looks fabulous and yummy..

Little Inbox said...

SimpleGirl, this is a simple but nutritious dish.

Sage, thanks for dropping by.

Elin, I use shiitake, not enokitake. But, enokitake can be use to replace shiitake too. :)

Pam, not only that, stir-fry is pretty easy to be done too. :)

Little Inbox said...

wendyywy, yes with wood ear fungus, it will beautify the dish. :) Good idea!

Daphne, yes. You can reduce the cooking time to get a crunchy result.

Priya, thanks. Do try it out!

Joanne said...

Love the colors in this dish! I feel like I'm eating the rainbow.

Stella said...

This looks so beautiful. I love the way you cut the vegetables. I'm going to try it with whatever I have in the fridge!

Indian Khana said...

Simple and delicious...looks so fab

Little Inbox said...

Joanne, rainbow has 7 colors but my dish has just 3 colors. :)

Stella, I use a kind of cutter to cut this.

Hi Priti, thanks.

tigerfish said...

You should know me...I will definitely like this!

Noob Cook said...

I will like this too! love the shredded veggies and the nice colours :)

Little Inbox said...

tigerfish, yes, absolutely! Hehe...

noobcook, the colors combination is similar to bangkuang char, right? :)

cariso said...

I also love simple fry with garlic, to get the original taste of those vege.

Little Inbox said...

cariso, I see. I think this is the best way. :)

Anyhow-cook said...

Simple and nice. Your photo is well taken ! :)

godtold said...

Simple but delicious. i love the way you prepare.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails