Thursday, July 22, 2010

Meat Patties


Meat patties is definitely easier to make compared to veggie patties. Unlike the veggie patties, meat patties can be shaped nicely and shallow-fried to perfection. To clear up some of my minced meat stock, I made these patties to go with some bread and green corals and it turned out great! Hubby is loving it :)


Meat Patties
Makes 3 patties

Ingredients:
200g minced pork/chicken/beef
vegetable oil

Marinate the minced meat with:
1 tbsp of light soy sauce
half tsp of white pepper powder
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, peel and finely chopped
1 small egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp of corn flour
3 tsbp of bread crumbs


Steps:

1. Marinate the minced meat for 30 minutes.

2. Divide the minced meat with marinade into 3 portions. Shape each portion into patty. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

3. Take out the meat patties from fridge and re-shape it.

4. Heat enough oil in a pan or wok. Shallow-fry the meat patties until golden brown at both side. Serve the meat patties with bun and veggies as burgers.

18 comments:

ann low said...

Hahaa...I'm first today! Those meat patties look great and thanks for sharing ;)

MODERN ROBINSON CRUSOE said...

Always like meat patties - kinda like burger

Pam said...

Those patties look great! Thanks for the recipe!

WendyinKK said...

Hmmm... tempting me to make beef burger patties.

the lacquer spoon said...

Looks great with the oriental kick of soy and sesame!

daphne said...

So true! and so many ways to eat them. Salad, bread...even wrapped in lettuce leave.. YUM!

Little Inbox said...

Anncoo, hurray, you're the first! :)

MRC, yeap it is. :D

Pam, no problem. I hope you like it.

Wendyywy, oh, really? Then I hope to see your beef burger patties soon. :P

the lacquer spoon, haha...another East meets West recipe.

daphne, this is a good choice whenever I don't think to have rice at home. Hehe...

Elin Chia said...

I always like to add breadcrumbs into the meat patties. It does make the meat moist :) Thanks for sharing and btw yours browned evenly...great job :)

Anonymous said...

I like beef patties! :) Beautiful food photos.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Maybe next time I will try to eat bagel with this meat patties, i'm sure the taste will be nice! Have a great weekend ahead.

choi yen said...

thick & juicy huh~~

Juliana said...

Wow, the meat patties look so yummie...and so simple to make, will have to try it soon. Great pictures!
By the way, thank you so much for stopping by my site ;-)

tigerfish said...

I agree. Veggie patties seem to disintegrate more easily when shaped.

Stella said...

Hey Little Inbox, I love veggie patties, but I agree that meat patties are just naturally easy-delicious too! Yours look great...

Little Inbox said...

Thanks Elin. By the way, I added breadcrumbs to the marinade as well.

Hi Mei Teng, thanks. :)

Sonia, it will be fantastic. Great idea!

mimid3vils, yeap. Thick and juicy. :)

Little Inbox said...

Juliana, thanks for dropping by too.

tigerfish, and veggie patties not so photogenic too. :(

Stella, thanks. :)

mysimplefood said...

Hi!! You reminded me that I have been meaning to make homemade meat patties for my husband's lunch. Thanks!! And I just made and stored my bread crumbs in the feezer last week too. Yes!!

Little Inbox said...

mysimplefood, I haven't try to make my own bread crumbs yet. Next time, may be.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails