Sunday, March 6, 2011

Corn and Carrot Soup


The hot weather makes me feel very uncomfortable. The good thing is, during the day I spend my most of my time in free air-conditioned environment. Otherwise, it'll drive me crazy. The weather is so hot that I can't cool down at night even when the air-condition is on. Just imagine...

Because of the hot weather, I lost appetite. The only dish I think of is soup. I need nourishing clear soup to heal my body. So, I boiled this soup for lunch on Saturday. It's sweet and it boosted my body with plenty of  antioxidants. 

Corn and Carrot Soup
1 pearl corn, chopped into 1" length
1 carrot, peeled and cut into pieces
300gm pork ribs, chopped into pieces
spring onion, chopped (for garnishing)
1.25liter of hot boiling water
salt to taste

Steps:
1. Blanch the pork ribs in boiling water to remove scum.
2. Put everything in the slow cooker, except salt. Leave the soup boiling for 2 hours.
3. Add light soy sauce to taste and garnish with chopped spring onion.

12 comments:

Joanne said...

This sounds like such a delicious, comforting soup! I hope it jump started your appetite!

Janine said...

My mom makes this soup for me all the time, but with chicken stock :) I agree that it's really refreshing!

choi yen said...

I know boil soup with corn very sweet :)

ann low said...

I love to make this soup too! Very often as the boys love this soup very much.

Cooking Gallery said...

I love how you arranged the soup! It looks so pretty :).

Blackswan said...

I like making this soup too, very refreshing!

tigerfish said...

again, this is my kind of food too!

daphne said...

One of my fav soup! Clear and simple. I love munching on the corn as well.

Babe_KL said...

Just like Daphne, I like this clear soup filled with natural sweetness

Noob Cook said...

my mum always cook this last time. very comfort food and so beautifully photographed.

Jeannie said...

Long time didn't cook this type of soup already...used to cook them ofen when my boys were younger, they love this with rice.

JL said...

Your soup looks so colorful and simple. I love how your shape the carrots!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails