Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Poached egg is in my "to-do" list since long ago. I've been seeing a lot of successful stories in making nice poached egg. Last week, I hands on to make 2 poached eggs. The first one didn't turn out beautiful, but the result of second trial seems acceptable. The moment I saw the egg yolk oozing out, I couldn't describe how happy I was. That's why I said cooking is kind of therapeutic to me.
800ml of water
1 tbsp of white vinegar
a bowl of ice water
1. Bring water to a boil in a sauce pan. Add a tbsp of white vinegar.
2. Crack an egg into a bowl. Stir the boiling water with a spoon in clockwise. Gently pour the egg into the center of simmering water.
3. Let the egg cook for 2 to 3 minutes depending on how runny you prefer your egg yolk to be.
4. Remove the egg with strainer and transfer the egg to the ice water. This is to stop the cooking.
5. Return the egg to boiling water and serve hot with toast. Continue the steps for the remaining egg.