Hubby loves mashed potato, and I love pasta sauce, so I paired them up to make our favorite baked mashed potato. This is a good choice when you are bored with rice or noodle for main course. Furthermore potato contains lower carbohydrates compared to rice.
Baked Mashed Potato
Serves 3 to 4
570gm US potato, peeled and sliced
150gm White button mushroom
150gm minced pork
2 hard-boiled egg shelled and sliced
1 onion, peeled and chopped
6 long beans, chopped
200gm of pasta sauce
1 tbsp of light so sauce
dashes of white pepper powder
1. Marinate the minced pork with dashes of pepper and a tbsp of light soy sauce.
2. Steam potato for 20 minutes or until soft. Mash it and put in a big ramekin. Press to form a layer of base to the ramekin.
3. Heat up enough oil in a wok. Sauté onion for 2 minutes. Add minced pork to fry. Ensure the minced pork separated and not stick together.
4. Add mushrooms to stir fry for 2 minutes. Pour the ingredients on top of the mashed potato. Sprinkle chopped long bean on top of it.
5. Pour the pasta sauce over the top. Cover the ramekin with Aluminum sheet, and bake for 12 minutes under 180 deg C preheated oven.
6. When it's done, garnish it with hard-boiled egg slices.