This is an impromptu baking just to consume the leftover ripe bananas. I was hesitating whether or not to decorate the cake a little bit so that it could look prettier. So, I sacrifice one banana for the toppings. Well, the whole banana cake doesn’t really look outstanding... however, the individual slices of banana cake looks lovely. The cake tastes good too with my own measurement of ingredients. Everything is just nice, the taste, the texture and the look. It was my first attempt of baking a banana cake. Overall, I’m quite satisfied with this fruitful baking session.
Hmm...yummy! This is my breakfast for the next day. I gave some to my parents and hubby gobbled up the rest.
Yields for a 8" diameter cake
200gm self raising flour
1tsp of baking powder
120gm fine sugar
120gm salted butter
200gm of bananas, mashed
1tsp vanilla essence
Steps:1. Preheat oven at 180C.
2. Line the 8" diameter cake tin base with baking paper.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg one at a time, and continue to beat until well combine. Add vanilla essence to mix well.
3. Sieve in flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Fold it in the wet ingredients.
4. Fold the mashed banana into the batter.
5. Transfer the batter into the baking tray. Decorate the top with sliced banana (optional).
6. Bake the cake under 180C for 40 minutes or until cooked.
7. When it's done, leave it cool before cutting.